Vacation Safety & Security Tips
Keep vacation time stress-free with these safety and security tips.
- Be careful what you post on social media about your vacation. Don’t advertise that you’re away!
- Have mail and packages picked up, forwarded or held by the post office.
- Arrange to have your lawn mowed in summer and your walk and driveway shoveled in winter.
- Stop newspaper deliveries and ask a friend to pick-up “throw-away” circulars.
- Let us know if there are temporary changes to your call list while you’re away at 410-546-2210 or complete our online form.
- Set up security system interactive light schedules to automatically turn lights on and off so it looks like someone is home.
- Tell dependable neighbors when you plan to be away and when you plan to return.
- Make sure trusted neighbors or family members are aware of your security system passcode and create custom user codes for them to disarm your system. Don’t worry, you can always delete or change your user codes. (Don’t have these features yet? Check out our Customer Loyalty Rewards!)
- Join with your neighbors to keep a close watch on what’s happening in your community. Being a good neighbor and working closely with them is a good way to prevent crime.
For You and Your Family:
- At the airport, keep a close eye on your luggage at all times. When going through security, put your laptop on the X-Ray conveyor belt last, so you have time to get through the metal detector and be waiting for it on the other side.
- Lost or stolen wallets often lead to identity theft. Carry only the cards and cash you plan on using during your trip.
- Do not carry your passport with you when out and about. Make a few photocopies and leave your original in the hotel safe. Leave a copy of your passport with a trusted friend at home, just in case.
- Travel like a local. Avoid obvious actions that will make you stand out as a tourist. Dress in a similar style and know your surroundings. Plan your route in advance, so you have an idea where you are going and you don’t need to look at a map while walking through a busy area.
- Check out more travel safety tips from Travelers Insurance.
Have a safe vacation! If you’ve made temporary changes to your call list, make sure you tell us when you’re back home.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned and operated, Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have developed a reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have many choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about us.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing, Doorbell Camera and LiftMaster Garage Control as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410.546.2210. But don’t just take our word for it: check out our five star Google Reviews.