Summer Safety for Kids
Summer is upon us! For many, that means the kids are out of school and finding more outside activities. These important tips from the CDC, Coast Guard and more will help keep your children and teens safe from a range of summer risks:
- Always make sure children are supervised in the pool and install a fence around your pool. Do you know the signs of drowning? Click here to learn the signs.
- Contrary to popular belief, chlorine does not kill germs instantly. Be sure your young children take frequent bathroom breaks and get free test strips to test the public pool before they swim.
- Boats are a great family activity. Reduce your boating safety risks with these tips from the Coast Guard.
- Heat-related illness is especially common for children four years old and younger. Make sure they wear light colored, loose, comfortable clothing and cool off with showers. Be on the lookout for the signs of heat-related illness listed here.
- Electric fans may provide comfort, but when the temperature is in the high 90s, fans will not prevent heat-related illness. Taking a cool shower or bath, or moving to an air-conditioned place is a much better way to cool off.
- Make your backyard a tick-free zone with the steps here and check your children for ticks.
- Accidents happen. Be sure to know the signs and symptoms of a concussion.
- Young workers tend to have more injuries at work for a number of reasons including inexperience and the types of jobs most young people have. Make sure you and your teen know the facts.
- Even though school is out, many kids are still interacting with other kids electronically. Educate yourself and your kids about cyberbullying with these tips.
- Don’t let your kids drink too many liquids that contain sugar. Sugar-filled drinks actually causes more body fluid loss. Also, avoid very cold drinks because they can cause stomach cramps.
More Proactive Tips
Alarm Engineering can also help you keep your children safe. From live video feeds and alerts when your kids come and go to email and text alerts from your pool fence, gun cabinet or other risk areas, you can know exactly what’s happening at home no matter where you are.
Your security system can also alert you if your children, workers, visitors, renters or aging parents haven’t disarmed the system by a certain time. In addition, create custom user codes and lock access to anyone you want with the touch of a button. Removing access is just as easy when your worker or renters leave, no more making and giving away extra keys!
Let us know your challenge and we will create the perfect solution for you. Our Systems Specialist will come out for a no-pressure, free consultation and provide your security assessment and estimate. There’s nothing to lose, make sure your summer is worry-free with solutions from Alarm Engineering now!
Stay Connected to Alarm Engineering
Like this article? Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter and don’t miss a thing!
We post valuable safety and security information, specials, local interest stories, hilarious stupid criminal stories and contests on social media. Join in now and stay connected!
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned and operated, Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have developed a reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have many choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about us.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing, Doorbell Camera and LiftMaster Garage Control as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410.546.2210. But don’t just take our word for it: read what our customers are saying.