10 Fall Prevention Tips
Tragically, falls among adults 65 and older caused over 36,000 deaths in 2020, making it the leading cause of injury death for that group. Read these tips from the National Safety Council to reduce potential fall risks for yourself and loved ones.
Take the first steps in fall prevention by:
1. Stay active and exercise to increase core strength and balance.
2. Review medications and be aware of those with side effects that can make you drowsy or lightheaded.
3. Get your vision checked, as poor vision can lead to falls.
4. Remove tripping hazards (papers, books, clothes, shoes) from stairs and places you or loved ones may walk.
5. Clean up all spills immediately and keep floor dry.
6. Keep frequently used items in cabinets you can reach easily without using a step stool.
7. Install grab bars next to your toilet and in your tub/shower and install handrails and lights on staircases.
8. Use non-slip mats in the bathtub and on shower floors.
9. Improve lighting in your home, including using a nightlight or use automatic lighting triggers as part of your security system.
10. Wear shoes with good support and non-slip soles.
“For older adults, falls and the resulting injuries can diminish their ability to lead active, independent lives,” said Deborah Hersman, NSC president and CEO. “Identifying potential fall hazards and making changes to improve your strength, balance and vision can help reduce your risk of a fall at any age.”
Peace of Mind
For greater peace of mind, trigger automatic alerts if you or a loved one is immobilized with personal emergency solutions. We offer emergency pendants so you or your loved one can:
• Wear like a watch, on your belt or around your neck.
• Alert loved ones, neighbors or authorities with the push of a button.
• Our pendants are water-resistant for safe use in home or shower.
• Recessed push-button design reduces false alarms.
More than a Pendant
Here at Alarm Engineering, we offer more than a pendant. We offer a customizable 24/7 safety net. With our solutions you or a loved one can:
• Remind yourself or alert loved ones if you forget to take medications.
• Trigger automatic video alerts to loved ones or neighbors.
• Monitor front door and driveway so you know who is there before you answer.
• Automatic reminders if you forget to close the garage door or arm your system.
• 24/7 monitoring for carbon monoxide, smoke, temperature and water leaks.
• Gain peace of mind that your pets are safe when you’re away from home.
Now, with our Customer Loyalty Rewards, you can upgrade your system and add these safety net features with big savings. Learn more here.
Integrating your personal emergency solutions with your Alarm Engineering security system means:
• You will receive local, professional installation, testing and demonstration of your new system or additions.
• Wireless solutions, not dependent on phone lines.
• Real-time notifications of loved ones, neighbors or authorities.
• Live, trained professionals answer our phones 24/7.
• One combined monthly, quarterly or annual payment.
• If you’re not already a customer, you can use personal emergency solutions alone or as part of your new or existing security system.
What our Customers are Saying
“We would like to thank you for the (personal emergency response) system at our home. We have incurred many medical problems over the last year and our grandson suggested we have this system. We feel more at peace knowing if an emergency happens, help will be on the way. May God Bless you!” -The Perdue Family
Read more customer testimonials here.
Enjoy affordable peace of mind for you or your loved ones. Use the FIRSTMONTHFREE promo code for more savings.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have earned our reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about our team.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing and LiftMaster Garage Control, and the Doorbell Camera as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410-546-2210. But don’t just take our word for it: check out our five star Google Reviews.