The Benefits of Energy Management
Did you know your security system can help with Energy Management at your home or business? Whether you want to save money on those rising energy bills or decrease your carbon footprint, Alarm Engineering can help you achieve your Energy Management goals.
- Changing your thermostat even a couple of degrees can make a big difference – and when you’re not home, the thermostat should be set even lower. Use Smart Schedule technology from Alarm Engineering to see a snapshot of your current energy needs and easily program your system by day and time. Not planning on being out? Set your alarm to away, and the thermostat will reset to a lower temperature automatically. Or, use your computer or smartphone to change the temperature in your home or office on-demand.
- Trigger lighting to come on automatically when you enter a room – utilize your security motion detectors to help your pocketbook and the environment at the same time.
- Be sure your heating system is properly maintained. Dirt in your heating system can restrict airflow and make your system work harder than it needs to. Proactive maintenance is much less expensive than running your system hard for little output or having your system go down.
- Kitchen or Bathroom fans take the heated air out of a room in an hour; don’t leave them running for any longer than is necessary. Get a timer switch instead of a manual one so you don’t have to remember to turn it off!
- Most of the energy required to wash laundry is used in heating the water. With the availability of better cold water detergents, using cold water is easier than ever.
- Clean or replace filters on air conditioners once a month or as recommended.
- During the heating season, open drapes to let in the sun and close in the evening to keep out the chill. Draperies with insulated lining are effective, widely available and inexpensive.
- During summer, keep the window coverings closed during the day to block the sun’s heat.
- If you have a fireplace, keep the damper closed when you aren’t using it.
Energy Management starts with small steps in the right direction. Find more tips at the here.
Learn more about how we can help you achieve your Energy Management goals at 410-546-2210. Remember, current customers save up to $500 on your upgrade to these services so now is the time! Tell us a little about you and we’ll tell you how much you can save.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned and operated, Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have developed a reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have many choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about us.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing, Doorbell Camera and LiftMaster Garage Control as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410.546.2210. But don’t just take our word for it: read what our customers are saying.