Car Break-In Prevention Tips
Thieves are always looking for easy opportunities and your car or truck might be the next target.
Items most frequently stolen include electronic devices and money. In many cases, police report that the cars were parked in the victim’s driveway or very near their home. In addition, many vehicles are left unlocked.
Here are some quick tips to decrease the likelihood that you are a victim of an car break-in:
- Always lock your doors. Even if you’re just running in the house, 10 seconds can be long enough for a thief to take advantage of an opportunity.
- Roll up your windows completely. Leaving your windows cracked does help air out your car on hot days. Unfortunately, it’s also an easy way for a thief to force open the window to unlock the car.
- Park in your garage with the door shut and secured. Do you sometimes forget whether you’ve closed the garage door? Our smart home features can help with that.
- Keeping your garage door closed and secure is also an important home burglary tip. Read more home burglary tips here. Do not leave any valuables visible in the car, taking items inside with you whenever possible. Use your trunk if you need to keep some items in your car. Thieves rarely have time to mess around with popping the trunk.
- If you park your car outside, make sure you have the right security lights to keep the area surrounding your car well lit. In public parking areas always park in high traffic spots with plenty of lights.
- Report any suspicious activity to 9-1-1 immediately.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned and operated, Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have developed a reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have many choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about us.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing and LiftMaster Garage Control, and the Doorbell Camera as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410.546.2210. But don’t just take our word for it: check out our five star Google Reviews.