Monitoring & Prevention: Stop Frozen Pipes
You may think of our 24/7 professional monitoring service for security and fire protection only, but we can help you stay on top of issues like frozen pipes as well. We can monitor for extreme temperatures and flooding so issues can be detected before issues get out of hand.
- Extreme temperature monitoring alerts you when the unheated area around your pipes reach dangerously cold temperatures. If it’s a second home, use our Interactive Features to unlock and disarm your home right from your smartphone so a worker or neighbor can enter and help quickly.
- Flood monitoring alerts you to water in a crawlspace or basement, allowing you to address flooding issues quickly, hopefully before more damage is done.
The American Red Cross suggests these preventative tips:
- Drain water from swimming pool and sprinkler supply lines. Do not put antifreeze in these lines unless directed!
- Open outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so any water in the pipe can expand without breaking the pipe.
- Check your home for all pipes in unheated areas and insulate them. UL-listed heat tape can be used and even ¼ inch of newspaper can provide some protection.
- If you have water supply lines in the garage, keep your garage door closed in frozen temperatures.
- Let cold water drip from faucets served by exposed pipes in freezing conditions.
Read the full American Red Cross article to learn more preventative tips and how to thaw pipes here.
Get Started Now and Save
Tell us more about you and we’ll provide a full security and safety assessment at no charge. Having more of these transmitters in your home will NOT increase your monthly monitoring!
Use your smartphone or computer to access your system remotely so you can know what’s happening, and allow you to unlock and disarm your system remotely to let in workers or neighbors no matter where you are. Our Customer Loyalty Rewards program may enable you to upgrade your system free.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have earned our reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about our team.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing and LiftMaster Garage Control, and the Doorbell Camera as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410-546-2210. But don’t just take our word for it: check out our five star Google Reviews.