Holiday Toy Safety Tips
Check out these tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics to make sure your little ones’ toys are safe this season.
- Make sure you read the age recommendations listed on toys. Toys that are too advanced could be a hazard to younger children.
- Read the instructions. Always read the instructions on a toy before giving it to a child.
- Unplug. To guard against burns and electrical shocks, don’t give children under 10 toys that plug into an outlet. Battery operated toys are best for younger children.
- Batteries and magnets. Keep batteries and magnets away from small children as they can experience severe intestinal problems (including death) from swallowing them. Powerful small magnets are often found in building toy sets. Button batteries are often found in musical greeting cards, remote controls and hearing aids.
- No strings attached. Be on the lookout for pull toys with 12 inch strings or more as these are a strangulation hazard for infants.
Read more safety tips from the AAP here.
This season, the elves at Alarm Engineering and Alarm.com can provide you a real snapshot of Santa’s visit, captured easily by your smart home security camera. Make sure that your kids get in on the fun this year, click here to learn more.
About Alarm Engineering
Locally owned Alarm Engineering has been securing Delmarva since 1985. In that time, we have earned our reputation for integrity, reliability, and quality with our emphasis on superior service to our customers. We know you have choices when it comes to your security system, so here are some things you should know about our team.
Alarm Engineering is leading provider of electronic security systems and services in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia. From integrated home security systems with home automation and video to large enterprise-level integrated systems and small business solutions, our highly trained and professional staff will get the job done right. As an Authorized Alarm.com dealer, we offer exclusive Crash and Smash technology, Geo-Fencing and LiftMaster Garage Control, and the Doorbell Camera as part of our Home Automation offerings.
For more about what sets us apart from the crowd, click here or give us a call at 410.546.2210. But don’t just take our word for it: check out our five star Google Reviews.